Nikki tagged me for a fun memory thingie, and Megan and Laura and then Tonya did a fun version too, so I decided to kind of combine them, but edit out some q's for time's sake. I really liked the idea of going back 20 years. To even be able to say that astounds me.
What I was doing 20 years ago:
1. Starting 4th grade. I found out I needed glasses badly but was too vain and self-conscious to wear them so I left home each morning with them on, then took them off right before getting on the bus so the kids wouldn't see them. I'd put them back on after the bus dropped me off for home. I felt so guilty from my deceit! I thought for sure my Mom would be mad if she knew I wasn't wearing them. It was a lot of work and stress to live like that. I couldn't see the chalkboard at all. I would grab my glasses from my desk, hold them up really fast to see the board, then put them away. I got contacts in Jr. High, thankfully. I like my glasses now!
Another thing- I started "borrowing" books from the school library in bunches. There were a bunch of books I really wanted to read that were in the shelves in the dark, storage-y part of the library (it was an upstairs loft-style library) that didn't have check-out tags on them. I would take a few, stick 'em in my backpack, read them at home, and sneakily return them when I was done. Sadly, I didn't return all of them and when I reached Middle School I asked Diana, who was still in elementary, to return them for me. I think she did a few, but the sisterly love didn't cross over to covering for my sins.
5 years ago:
Pregnant with child #2, Isabelle, due in December '03. I was Anika's constant playmate but once Isabelle was born, I passed the mantle to Isabelle, in all her 7 lb. glory. Two kids are easier than one!
- Cherry sorter 3 summers in high school
- Peach thinner, tree painter at orchard 2 summers in high school
- Working concession stands at BYU Basketball games 4 months
- Subway Sandwich Artist 7 months in CougarEat
- Copy Center attendant 3 years
3 unique? things about me:
I have a permanent cracking noise when my left pointer finger and my right big toe bend. I don't think bodies are meant to pop like that!
I could have been a private detective because I'm good at spying and have really good ears.
Treats make me happy- just buying candy or knowing I have some stockpiled gives me comfort similar to a plush blankie.
Thanks for reading all that. This has been on my computer for a week now, slowly coming together. Yay!